RAF100 & Red Arrows Flypast
Marking the Royal Air Force’s centenary this year, Farnborough International Airshow 2018 has chosen the RAF100 Appeal as its official charity.
The RAF’s attendance will include an RAF Red Arrows flypast as part of the Airshow’s legendary five-hour flying display. Along with this in-the-air activity, will also be a united RAF presence on the ground for visitors to be part of.
The RAF100 Appeal brings together: the Royal Air Force; the RAF Association; the RAF Benevolent Fund; the RAF Charitable Trust; and the RAF Museum to establish a legacy that matches the vision of Viscount Trenchard who steered the formation of the RAF in 1918. All of these RAF Partners will be at the Farnborough Airshow.
To mark the RAF100’s historic milestone, Farnborough will be showcasing the RAF past, present and future, with visitors being able to:
- Sit in a Typhoon fighter jet.
- Enjoy a Red Arrows flypast.
- Meet the Red Arrows’ world-famous support team.
- Talk to current and veteran RAF personnel.
- If you fancy yourself as a Red Arrow pilot, then talk to the recruitment team.
- Get a selfie in a replica World War Two Spitfire.
- Interact and be inspired by the following RAF groups:
- 93 Expeditionary Armaments Squadron
- RAF Sailing
- RAF Flying Clubs
- RAF Skeleton
- RAF Bobsleigh
- RAF Luge
- RAF Martial Arts
- RAF Judo
- RAF Catering personnel & their RAF100 Cookbook
- RAF Benevolent Fund veterans book signings
- RAF100 merchandise